I was inspired to write this post after seeing a video created by someone in the tarot community on YouTube,which they created on the fly (link at the end of this article). They call the spread 'Dress for Success'. The idea is that you will select four cards, one each to represent 4 items of clothing in an outfit - a hat, a shirt, trousers, and shoes, each of which represent a different sphere. I think the associations are great! For example the hat represents a question regarding the mind, the shoes regarding being grounded. I immediately could see ways of adapting the original questions posed in the video, so below I've given the original questions posed in the video plus some of my own ideas.
| Image ©HerkimerBlue |
The Hat
This represents the head. So the question could be (as in the video) 'Where will my head be today?'. Another idea is something like "What do I need to focus on in order to achieve [whatever] today". Other questions that could be asked can be ones relating to goals, even creativity. Basically anything to do with the mind.The Shirt
You can of course change this to blouse/coat/jacket, whatever you prefer. The original question posed was "What information do I need to have ready and on hand today?". Other ideas are "How should I present myself today?", or even "How will I be perceived today?" This could be useful for days when you have meetings or job interviews. If you choose to have this position be a coat, a great question could be one about protecting yourself for example from negativity, self doubt, or anything you might want to steer clear of that day.The Trousers
The suggested question in the video is "what action do I need to be prepared to take?". Other questions could be ones concerning how to move forward, such as "How best should I proceed with/to...", or "What is the best course of action to...". So this card would represent the sphere of action and movement and seeking advice about those.The Shoes
This represents the sphere of being grounded. The question posed here is "What do I need to be grounded in?". Another question could be "How can I best stay grounded today?", or "What activities will help me stay grounded today?".Other Thoughts
When using the spread for the day ahead I think the key to the spread is phrasing questions so that the cards tie together in a meaningful way. Alternatively they could be used as general life questions for where you are currently at. See how adaptable this is?! You could even add items of clothing or accessories to represent other spheres. For example add a tie, scarf or necklace for the throat area to represent questions to do with communication. I'm sure there are many other ways of using this spread than I've suggested here.I thought this was such a fun but very useful idea for a tarot spread, so I hope this has been useful! You can check out Lucky Lynx's video here.

No comments:
Post a Comment